Fundraising at Reading Hockey Club is absolutely essential to ensure that we have top of the range pitches and facilities.
We have just paid for a brand new pitch, so the funds are a little depleted. We need to start to rebuild our savings!
Throughout the season there are many activities and events that we put on to help to raise funds such as:
- End of Season Awards Dinner
- Christmas Dinner
- Burns Night
- Open Days and Double Headers
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We need members to help us raise funds and to come to the fund raising events.
So how do we raise funds?
Every team and Colts age group is asked to do some fundraising with a target of £1,000 per team - of course if they raise more, then we won’t complain!!
What do we want the money for?
- The first £1000 raised will automatically be put in to the Assets Replacement Fund, which is for the pitches.
- Any money collected on top of the £1000 can then be put towards an item on the Clubs Wish List.
Clubs “Wish List”
Here are some ideas that the club and our members have come up with. If you think of anything else, then let us know and we will see if it is possible to add it to the list:
Club top Priorities:
- New scoreboard
- New Stands
Other Ideas on the Wish List:
Better spectator experience:
- A new Marquee or Covered area that will be next to the Hungry Hut
- Benches for this area
1st XI Ideas
- Europe Fund (men and ladies)
- Mens and Ladies 1st Teams –coach, travel, expenses, indoor funds
- Playing Equipment for Adult Section – balls, bibs, training aids,
- Colts equipment – spare sticks, gum shields, bibs, balls, training aids etc
- Coaching costs(colts)
Main clubhouse Ideas
- Changing rooms – Refurbishment as they are a bit tired and worn!
- New Bar Stools
If there is something that the team/colts age group specifically wants the money to go towards, and it is not listed, then please let Richard Dixon email@example.com and we'll see what we can do!
The aim of the fundraising is to try to ask people from outside the club to give money, instead of us continually asking club members to pay for things.
Each team/colts age group can choose to do something themselves or join in with another team or group to help with the fundraising.
Here are some fund raising ideas that have been successful in the past:
- Fireworks / Bonfire Night (Colts)
- BBQ’s / Cake Sales on Event Days or Double Headers
- Pitch Squares / Weather Lottery
- BBQ on Double Header days
- Car Washing on Match Days
- Supermarket Bag pack
- Player sponsorship
- Race Night (Mens 1’s)
- Master Classes
- Glitter Ball (Ladies 3’s / 3A's)
- Team Raffles
- Thermal Branded mugs
All sections – Ladies, Men and Colts will have a fundraising representative who will help facilitate the activities, and make sure that we don’t get lots of events on at the same day or time of year, or too many teams choose the same way to fundraise.
They are there to help encourage you to raise funds!
We will also publicise how much each team/colts age group have raised and what they have bought from the wish lists.