Training for the Girls Under 12 (GU12) squad is on a Sunday. Registration at 08.45 for a 09.00 start. Finish at 10.30.
Training starts on Sunday 3 September at the Club's Open Weekend. Don’t forget your mouthguard and shin-pads.
Please check on the Colts section main page prior to the Sunday as times are subject to change when there are matches. For your pitch allocation please check the website for pitch allocations prior to the Sunday or the white board on the side of the clubhouse on arrival. The white notice board at the club will show training pitch allocations together with the day’s home match details.
Parking for the the 'Cage', Sonning Lane Water (SLW) and Sonning Lane Sand (SLS) pitches is at Reading Hockey Club. When allocated the Sonning pitch (the furthest from the Reading HC clubhouse), please park in the car park at Sonning HC.
Matches are played on Sundays. GU12s are entered into the Home Counties Girls Leagues (HCGL) and 7-side festivals as well as the Thames Valley Monthly Mini 7-side festivals. We have a number of squads:
11- side GU12 Rev'its
7- side GU12 Renegades; Radicals; Rufflers; Ribbons and TVM.
IMPORTANT: Parents and guardians of children in the U6, U8 and U10 sessions are expected to remain on site throughout the training session (and at matches) in case of emergency. Parents and guardians of ages U12 and above are expected to be within 15 minutes (arrival at the pitch side) travel time in case of emergency. It is the responsibility of the parents and guardians to ensure all their membership details for themselves and their children on our members database (pitchero) are current and that they are capable of being contacted during training sessions or matches. This membership detail includes all medical and contact details.
GU12 Head Coach: Lee Morton
All new players welcome. Contact a member of staff above or feel free to turn up at a training session and enjoy 2 'taster' sessions prior to joining.
Under 12: £155
All Subs are due by 30 September - we operate a no pay no play policy from 31 October. If you are experiencing difficulties paying via this website, please contact your Age Group Administrator for assistance.
DISCOUNTS available to playing members:
- GK discount given to GK’s using own kit or contributing to purchase of kit
- Student rate applies to Over 18’s in full time education with University named on membership form. No family discount given to Student.
- Family discount applies to 3rd family member of lowest cost category and only applicable to those Under 18 (i.e. Player 1 pays full, Player 2 pays full, Player 3 pays discounted rate)
- All age related discounts require date of birth and full membership details on club database for the correct subscription and discount to be applied.
- No GK and family discount given to same individual
- Family discount only applies to playing members i.e. social members do not count as Player 1 or Player 2.
Match fees for Colts games:
£7 if a team tea is served (home games only)
£5 all away games and home games where no team tea is served. For home games squash and biscuits will be available from the Hungry Hut.
Match fees apply to U12s to U18s. For U12s this includes all Friendlies and Official matches where an external club is played, home or away games, and festivals or tournaments where an entrance fee has been paid. Match fees do not apply to Thames Valley Minis or HCGL U12 7s festivals.