Welcome to the new 2017/18 season.
CHRISTMAS BREAK Last training session 10 Dec 2017 but we have a roll-up and play mini tournament on 17 Dec at 10.30 to 12.00 . We return on Sunday 7th January.
DON'T FORGET OUR OUR NEW YEAR CLASSIC AND PERFORMANCE CAMPS ON 3rd & 4th JANUARY 2018. For information please click on the 'Reading Hockey Camps' quick link on this website.
TRAINING ON SUNDAY
Training for the Girls Under 18 (GU18) squad is on a Sunday. Meet and warm-up in the Small Cage at 11.30. Main training is on the SLW pitch 12.00 to 13.00. Please arrive 15 mins early for registration.
Please check on the Colts section main page prior to the Sunday as times are subject to change when matches have to start from Midday or earlier. The white notice board at the club will show any changes to the pitch allocation together with the day’s home match details.
Matches are played on Sundays. GU18s are entered into EH Cup competition and Home Counties Girls Leagues (HCGL). The Girls U18s have 2 squads: 1 Premier squad and 1 League called the Rangers .
Girls U18 Prem - E Cup Knock out Competition and HCGL U18 Premier 2017/18
GU18L Rangers - HGCL U18 League West 2017/18
Girls U18 Head Coach: Damon Hill
Tel: 07771 770 440
Girls U18 Admin: Karen Dixon
Tel: 07710 404 020
LADIES TRAINING SESSIONS
The ladies section welcomes the colts to attend Ladies General training to develop your skills, knowledge of the game and play matches with them at the weekend. Ladies hockey is available to all players aged 13 upwards.
Under U18s : £190 (includes adult hockey). The subscription is discounted to £145 for those U18s playing colts hockey only.
All Subs are due by 30 September - we operate a no pay no play policy from 31 October. If you are experiencing difficulties paying via this website, please contact your Age Group Administrator for assistance.
DISCOUNTS available to playing members:
- GK discount given to GK’s using own kit or contributing to purchase of kit
- Student rate applies to Over 18’s in full time education with University named on membership form. No family discount given to Student.
- Family discount applies to 3rd family member of lowest cost category and only applicable to those Under 18 (i.e. Player 1 pays full, Player 2 pays full, Player 3 pays discounted rate)
- All age related discounts require date of birth and full membership details on club database for the correct subscription and discount to be applied.
- No GK and family discount given to same individual
- Family discount only applies to playing members i.e. social members do not count as Player 1 or Player 2.
Match fees for Colts games:
£7 if a team tea is served (home games only)
£5 all away games and home games where no team tea is served. For home games squash and biscuits will be available from the Hungry Hut.
Match fees apply to U14s to U18s including league, friendlies, tournaments, festivals and indoor matches and tournaments.
Match fees for Adult games are £10/match (i.e. For Men's and Ladies matches). This rate applies to colts playing in those adult games. There is no incremental uplift in a colt’s subscription when playing in Adult games (see above for access to adult training sessions).