Programme of Camps 2012By Reading Hockey Club • Mar 7th, 2012 • Category: Events, News, Next Generation
In the next 12 months Reading Hockey Club, in association with the Berkshire Hockey Association (BHA) intends to run a series of Hockey Camps, some for a mix of abilities and some more specific in nature, supporting the BHA’s Single System Youth Development programme.
- All Camps will comprise a mix of Early Learners and Junior Skills (aged 8-11; 2001-2004 birthdays), Improvers (aged 12-16; 1996-2000 birthdays) and Advanced coaching (County level and above, aged 12- 16; 1996-2000 birthdays), both boys and girls.
- Within 4 day camps we may introduce 2 day groups for older and more experienced Colts.
- All coaches will be EH or Internationally Qualified; Coach Ratio not more than 1:12; Specialised Goalkeeper coaching will be provided on some/all days (TBA) Over 5 Hours hockey training each day – 10.00 a.m. – 16.00 p.m. Cost to be £35.00 per day with a reduction to £30.00 per day for attendance at all days of the Camp
- Camps will be held at Reading Hockey Club – Sonning Lane RG4 6ST
|1012||2||14-15 February||Half Term Experience|
|2012||3||11-13 April||Easter Excellence|
|3012||2||7-8 June||Pre JPRC Practice Skills Development|
|4012||4||23-26 July||Pre-Olympic Preparation|
|5012||4||14-17 August||Post-Olympic Pre-Season|
|6012||2||30-31 October||Half Term Refresher|
|7012||2||27-28 December||Christmas Cracker|
Application Form & Procedure ( Download Application Form )
Please register interest for any of the Camps via email at email@example.com and then
- Complete and return attached form with a passport sized photo and cheque
- Include the childs name on the back of the cheque and photograph and make payable to ‘Reading Hockey Club’
- Check you have signed the form and given emergency contact number for the day
- Return to: Jo Newman, 37, Blandy Rd., Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 1QB
- Queries will be handled by Jo Newman via email.
- Please note that even for regular attendees this is a new year and therefore we need a new form and photo.
Important information for RHC Camps
Camp will begin at 10am and finish at 4pm (please report to registration each day). Children need to bring:
- Change of clothing
- Packed lunch
- Plenty to drink
- Shin Pads
- Mouth Guards
- Trainers or proper Astroturf shoes (not studded football boots)
- Stick if possible
All other coaching equipment (and sticks if required) will be provided by the coaches. Goal Keeping kit possibly can be provided, given good notice of need.
- You must book and pay for the full length of the course to receive the published course price.
- A cancellation policy applies as follows: 28 days or more – full refund, 14-28 days – loss of 50% of the course fee, 1-14 days – loss of 75% of course fee
- Reading Hockey Club reserves the rights to exclude from or refuse entry to the Camp any person we believe is causing or has caused damage to the facilities, or is being disruptive to the other attendees. No refund will be given under these circumstances.
- Reading Hockey Club reserves the rights to cancel a course if there are insufficient numbers.