There will be an EGM on the 15th Nov to vote on the revised constitution.
We ask that you make every effort to attend :
Attached is the Agenda, the minutes from the AGM on the 12th Sept, the Constitution that needs to be voted on and a copy of the Service Agreement (for information)
1. Apologies for absence
2. Approval of the minutes of the agm held on 12 September 2018
3. Approval of the new proposed Club Constitution (note that a 75% majority of members in attendance is required to carry this motion)
4. Election of office bearers:
- a) Club President – Geoff Ash
- b) Club Chair Person – Hugh Wilcock
- c) Club Treasurer – Mike Keiller
- d) Hockey Section Rep – Tim Mann
- e) Cricket Section Rep – Jacqui Salazar
- f) Head of Property Management – Nick Barton
5. Election of Vice Presidents
6. Election of Club Accountants
Members eligible to vote:
Full Adult playing member - paid membership
Message from the President - Geoff Ash.
Prior to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Club held on 12th September 2018, the membership were circulated with a copy of a new, modern Constitution founded upon a single club, a new management structure comprising a streamlined General Committee responsible for overall control and management of the Club with two playing Sections, Hockey and Cricket, responsible for the management of their respective sports.
The membership were being asked to approve the updated Constitution. Comments had been received from some members prior to the AGM. The comments did not affect the general thrust of the Constitution but sharpened/ clarified some of its wording and, in particular, suggested that it was necessary to be accompanied by a copy of the Service Agreement referred to in the document.
There was overwhelming support from those present ( 67 of 71) for the direction embodied in the new Constitution. It has been updated to include some of the comments received.
The General Committee believe that it is appropriate to circulate the amended Constitution and the Service Agreement with the objective of gaining approval at an Extraordinary General meeting to be held at the Club on Thursday 15th November.
These are attached together with an Agenda and the minutes of the AGM held on 12th September.
Updated 08:09 - 17 Nov 2018 by Liz Spencer